Sunday 14 September 2014

Judging..

It took me a long time to start changing my perspective towards a lot of things in my life.
Back when I was in my secondary school, I was really depressed, trying to figure some ways to not get affected by other people's judgement. But then now I realize a simple quick shift in thought can change moods in an instant. But sometimes it is easier said than done right? yeah I agree! =)

Few years ago: 
I have this victim mentality thinking that I was treated badly by others. 
I was wondering why they have treated me in such unpleasant ways. 
It causes me to question my attitudes/ behaviors. 
Did I did anything wrong to be treated in this way? Maybe yes, maybe no. 
But then none of this really matters.No matter how kind of a person you are, there is still going to be some haters. LOL haters back off!! (like how mirandasings always say) 

When people verbally abuse me, I will used to think that it was my fault. 
However, I am glad that I have changed my way of thinking now. 
Now when people attack me with their weapon- hurtful words/criticism, I learn to not take it personally. I realize that whenever I personalized all those hurtful things, I feel bad about myself. 
It's when I start to see that I am not what the others say or see, I am not affected by those bad comments. 

Sometimes what others say might not be the truth, so don't believe it right away. 
(although we usually just believe it like in a few seconds and feel bad about it) 

Take for example a skinny person and a muscular person and a fat person.
Some people will often criticize the skinny person for having a small frame. 
And some other comments:
Why can't you get fatter?
Why do you eat so less? 
You should be fatter, because you are a man.
You won't be fat no matter how you eat. 
You should gain more weight. Eat more!
You should not wear singlets, your arms are too thin. etc.

But when they get fat, some comments:
Why can't you exercise more? 
Why can't you get thinner?
Why don't reduce your belly fat by eating lesser?
You look better when you are thin.
You look gross with your big belly.

Then they get muscular, some comments:
And some other comments: 
You have chicken legs. 
Your muscles look bigger on this side than the other.
You eat steroids?
You look better when you are thin.
Too muscular. Eww..


My point here is: No matter who we are and what we do, people judge us. Or maybe it's just ourselves who are judging ourselves?

I also was no longer that depressed after I learned to see that sometimes people might say things that they don't really mean to hurt you. And if they really meant to hurt you, they probably have been hurt before and now they are doing it to others. 

Let's be more compassionate and loving. 
If people judge us and say bad things about us, we can learn to put ourselves in their shoes and see what's the motive behind what they say. 
They use hurtful words to hurt us, we use LOVE(strongest weapon on Earth) to fight back!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment