Tuesday 30 September 2014

Happiness, a choice

I felt that it is almost impossible for me to be happy the entire time. My mind just won't cooperate with me to help me feel more awesome. I guess my mind still have some negative and self-limiting beliefs that need to be removed. haha stubborn mind..

Anyway, I have spent some time searching a lot of videos on the Internet to find ways to be happy, but then I realize there is actually no fixed way to feel happy. And we can be as creative as we want to feel happy.

You can draped yourself in your blanket and imagine that you are Maleficient and speak in a spooky tone. (This is what I do) I know this is super silly, but I don't care as this makes me happy.
Seriously, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do this or that to be happy.
Others may say that you are silly. But who cares?
You do what you want as long as you are not disturbing or affecting others in a bad way.
(It is your life after all, not theirs. Live it the way you like!)

CREATE YOUR OWN WAY TO BE HAPPY.

We decide when we want to be happy. 
You can start feeling happy the moment when you wake up from your bed every morning.
Being grateful about small things in life helps a lot!
We can also decide to be happy right now at this moment regardless of the circumstances that we have. Even at times when we feel like it is impossible to find things that make us feel happy, there is definitely going to be something that is worth feeling happy about.
Being alive is one of the best reasons to feel happy as life is a gift itself.
(I know it  sounds a little cliche)

It is inevitable that some life situations will come and mess up with your mood once in a while.
But life would be too boring to keep experiencing the same feeling over and over again.
Don't you feel riding a roller coaster(ups and downs) would be more fun than sitting in a train(same feeling)?

Random event: My dad and I were eating our dinner at a hawker store the other day. And we notice that the waiter looks "abnormally" happy. HAHA I asked my dad how can someone be so happy just by taking orders and serving people drinks. When the waiter come and get our food order, my dad asked her "why are you so happy". And she just smile and said: Happy or not, the day will still pass. Why not choose to be happy?

This post may sound common sense or very simplistic. But I hope that this post can at least be a reminder to people that happiness is a choice and it is not hard to feel happy.

Smile and be happy, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment