Wednesday 6 August 2014

Friends change

When I was in my secondary school, I remember I have 3 really good friends. And they are all very caring towards me. And when I get bullied, they just had help me out and I could never forget about all the things they have done for me. I appreciate all of friendships so deeply, but sometimes some friends in our life just won't stay despite our effort in trying to maintain that friendship.

There is this one friend that I could never forget in my life. We always have lunch together and basically just discuss about random things together. Those topics that we talk about are just too much to list it here and we could talk for hours. But, everything changes in only a few months time.
The strong bond we have is gone by now and I still don't know the reason behind this even until today.

That person no longer talks to me and no matter how hard I try to rekindle the relationships, it won't work out anymore. I just wonder to myself what did I do wrong to deserve to be treated that way? I mean I try to talk to that person and the response I get from that person is like talking to a robot. That person don't even want to help me out when I am facing difficulties in my life. My assumption is that person don't feel that I am genuine enough and I am not a friend to keep around.

Some people like to have the mentality : some friends just approach me because they want me to help them to do some stuffs and if they don't need me, they won't find me. And so they leave those friends and label those friends as fake people. I know there are some people that befriend others solely for benefits. But if a person often seeks for your help, it could probably mean that they trust you more than anybody else for you to be involved.

A way to settle this heartbreaking issue is to have a heart to heart talk with your friends.
Tell them that you are not feeling happy lately and see if they care about you.
True friends care about each other.
Even if you have a cough or sore throat, they are always there, even sometimes it is just a text message reminding you to drink more water.
I have experienced friendship like this. But until today, there is only one friend that treated me that way. If you have friends like this, you are sure a damn lucky person! :)

Don't be sad because you have lost your friends, or even your best friends.
There are many people out there that would like to be your friends and care for you.
We just need to reach out more, not sitting in front of computer more.

Losing your friend don't mean the end of the world even if it might feel that way.
Take it as an opportunity for you to search for new companions in your life.

Pay attention closely, some friends that hang out with you all the time might seem like your great friends, but in actual fact, they are just seeking comfort being around with you and they are afraid of being alone. And that's all. They are not genuinely interested in us.
You will know if someone really cares for you. You don't need anyone to teach you that.

It is sad losing your friends or buddy in your life.
But....
It is a sadder feeling to realize you have wasted your time caring about friends that don't even care about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment