Saturday 10 May 2014

The fear

To be honest, I am super conscious about myself in social occasions. 
I am not afraid to say it out here, because I know that I am not alone in this. 
As I have read many self help books out there, I learned tons and tons of techniques to help me cope with this problem. 

I tried some techniques of meditation, visualization, hypnosis, nlp, affirmations and reading quotes.
But at the end of the day, I still feel that the fear, doubt, feeling of insecurity are still there. 

Luckily I have come across a lot of helpful teachers on the Internet. 
The quote I learned from one of "my teacher" : 
overcoming fear is not possible. It will always be there. 
We can only embrace it and take actions anyway. 
I no longer try to overcome it anymore. 
Because 
"The more you resist, the longer time it is going to stay with you. "

Stop trying to overcome the fear. Learn to make it your best friend. 
When your fear becomes best friend with you, you will be unstoppable! 

Take actions, take actions and take actions! :) 
Sometimes you feel that there is this annoying talkative monster inside your head telling you all sort of negative stuffs, but all you have to do is to give the monster a slap on the face by taking some actions.
The monster will shut up for some time once you do the stuffs that you are afraid of. 
But the monster loves to talk about nonsense way too much. 
So it will find any opportunities to talk. 
But fear not, every time the monster shows up and talk to you, give it a huge slap,  megapunch it if necessary and it will go away. 

Although I am writing this post about how to deal with fear, I still have my fears.
You know sometimes it is easy to say, but hard to do it yourself, XD
I am still trying to learn and change as I grow older and older each day. 
Let's gradually improve on a daily basis! Gogogo!

No comments:

Post a Comment