Sunday 17 May 2015

Sleeping late

Being a university student with never-ending assignments due dates and exams/class tests can make our 24 hours(or maybe 16-18 hours) a day seem short.
I am no different, I even feel that I only have very few hours of free time per day, deducting those times used to shower 3 times, eat 3 meals, going out with friends, drink, take a nap, brush teeth 2 times, urinate/defecate infinite times, study, do assignment, prepare presentation etc.

Although there is still a few hours left per day, it is so insufficient to use considering the need to exercise and entertain yourself a little to de-stress from our forever-hectic life.
Maybe it is my time management skill. I am not sure why, but time seems to fly by faster and faster, as I continue to age. The day I was born  to this world seems to be yesterday!

Time pass so quickly and I feel that time is getting lesser for some reason. It left me no choice and I had to sleep late to sort of extend the hours to do the things I like.
I slept after midnight nowadays and woke up at 7am due to early morning class and somehow it is starting to affect me. It might be a psychological issue, but I feel that my memory power and concentration have decreased. And it's a must for me to take a short nap, couldn't live for the rest of the day without one.
I have developed the habit of sleeping at around 2am recently and it's so hard to change my sleeping time to 11pm. But I am trying to write this post in order to remind myself that sleeping late isn't healthy and it is making my life miserable. And also to remind those who sleep late to sleep earlier.

Sleeping late may be a trend lately. However, lets start a new trend - sleep early before midnight! 
Who knows? We might get famous for setting this trend. =D

Sleep early tonight before midnight and regain your youth! And you can thank me later on.
Goodnight. Have some good rest which you deserve !

3 comments:

  1. Well. If you could not sleep, one of the method i used is to focus on a repetitive sound from the environment. For example focus on the ticking sound of the clock or fan and think of nothing else. And maybe after awhile u sleep unless u accidentally lose focus. Hope it helps. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a sleep expert. hehe Thanks for the tips! I am going to give it a try today if I can get to bed before midnight. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. Haha sleeping early is a very beneficial habit. =D

      Delete