Monday 20 April 2015

Being quiet

This post may be a little personal.
I still choose to bring it up, as I hope that anyone else who are also dealing with this issue know that they are not alone.

Its so easy to form judgments on someone or some things that we don't know. 
Some people do not put themselves in other people's shoe before starting to judge them.
I am quiet and I am being backstabbed or talked badly by others many times.
Some of the backstab comments I heard from my friends who are involved in the "gossip":
Lol.. He doesnt care for his friends, always act emo.
Who does he think he is, being quiet and hoping others to approach him all the time.
Everyday so sien la being with him, not fun at all.
Always look serious. =="
He lives in his own world all the time, dont care about him la, let him emo.

I am a quiet person most of the time. And it does not serve me any good. And I feel really uncomfortable hearing all those bad commnets about me which are not true. I care for my friends and definitely like any other human beings would like to have fun going out with friends. It's just that I am so getting used to being quiet that it's hard to change even If I wanted to. It's just like having a job that you want to quit because you suffered from too much workload, but still stay in the job just to get that monthly salary.

The most quiet person often have the loudest mind. Its so true. I have so much in my mind that sometimes I just couldn't say anything at all, so I completely shut down my mind when it comes to communicating in a group. As I have so many things in my mind, when I am given a chance to talk one on one, then its a whole new scenario. I would be talking like non-stop. And being with one person at a time allows me to feel more at ease and connected to the person. And I can literally talk for hours if the other person doesn't mind. Haha feel like bragging here. I talked to a random stranger for a period of 7-8hours before. And from this scenario, I know that I like to talk/listen to people and I don't enjoy being quiet. And I am sure that many introverts may experience this too. Needing some solitude time, but still likes to communicate with friends a lot.

I have always feel bad almost my entire life being a quiet person. But now I have come to accept it.
Being quiet is really alright, because you are not doing anything bad. Some people might say super nasty stuffs about you and take advantage of you, as you may seem not to have any opinion all the time. It's alright. All of these will pass. 5 years from now on, you will be thinking back and realizing that these are all part of your learning of life.
You just have to find the right group of friends/ best friends that understand you for who you are. :D

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Well i am introverted too. Just want to tell you that no matter how bad things are, there will be people caring about you behind your back. I may not be there for you because we are not that close to begin with but i will keep you in my prayers. =) stay strong and life gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five!! Seriously the world needs more people like you. Its really nice of you to leave such a positive comment on my blog.Your comment made me feel very touched deep down inside. You dont know me much, but yet you are willing to take some time to give me such encouraging words. I sincerely hope that you are living your life the best way that you can without much struggles. You stay strong too, buddy. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I am glad that you felt great buddy. Well life without struggles impede our growth. My life had not been easy and so was yours, but it made us better and more empathetic every single day. =)

    ReplyDelete